AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com.
For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Netzwerktechniker (all genders)im Bereich Border / Edge Security
Req ID: 2205011
- Operations and Maintenance of AbbVie’s global security and network environment
- Major network and L3 customer incident fault resolution
- Ensure appropriate monitoring is implemented for network equipment
- Focus on end user experience, taking the extra step so that users can get the most from their services
- Provide escalation support for network operations center staff, sales, deployment and other business units
- Work in technical teams in a multi-vendor environment through Major Incident Response situation where required
- Maintain technical relationships with vendors and internal engineering teams
- Coordination with AbbVie Partners and IT Service Supplier related to infrastructure and services
- Support security aspects of business & IT initiatives by assisting in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and operational transition of innovative & secure technology solutions
- Working within a global team, but within German time zone and local business hours
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in the field of IT
- Knowledge of networking such as LAN (routing, switching, WLAN), WAN (MPLS - routing, switching), VPN infrastructure, and network security (firewall and IPS/IDS)
- Knowledge of cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
- Proactive and self-motivated work ethic
- Experience with Check Point, Palo Alto and Cisco components
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as good time management skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and in global, cross-functional, teams
- Passion for IT technology, as well as using it to solve problems
- Willingness to travel for business within EMEA and to the USA (0-10% of working hours)
- Willingness to work extended hours in the event of major network disruptions, including weekends if necessary
- Understanding of complex IT security and network setups in a global context
- Fluency in German and English, both written and spoken
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Learn more about AbbVie Deutschland at www.abbvie.de. Visit www.abbvie-care.de for more information about the therapeutic areas in which we’re active.
PEOPLE. PASSION. POSSIBILITIES.